Information for Doctors and Surgeons

For aquatic physiotherapy (for knee pain, arthritis, post-surgical rehab, joint sprains etc) please refer first to a physiotherapist of your choice or the patient’s choice. The physiotherapist will then identify the major functional, strength, flexibility or motor control issues and then refer to us for Aquatic Physiotherapy (only for independent programs).

A land based home exercise program in conjunction with an aquatic program will achieve the best results. If the patient needs ongoing supervised aquatic physiotherapy then please consider a program at your local Community Rehab or Community Health centre or privately – see (look under Find-A-Physio)

Or ask the patient to give us a call and we can discuss the best option for them.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me on 04181 784 872
Sophie Heywood
Clinical Manager
Aquatic Physio Exercise Australia